Saturday, May 20, 2006

Really Happy With This One

A puppeteer and a junkman...they are the same thing. When one practices this art, one my trash pick. It is not noble looking when you are doing it but boy, the results can be fantastic. Got my theatre that way.

And this prop was made with junk. First some junk from the dollar store. A picture frame which I put tin foil in to make the mirror behind the bar. Will paint if of course. The some various useless wooden things that I took apart and put back together for the bar itself.

Then the best is for last. I was walking about three months ago down my street. I found a lamp that I was going to use for lighting. I saved the pieces instead of throwing them out, as I was advised by she who does not like the junkman. Well, I think I did good, when I needed the footrail for the bar, there they were. Ever see an excited old man before.