Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Spaghetti Gets Stale After 10 Years?




Yes, over 10 years ago I started this project. Make that 11 years but who is counting? I have returned with a vengeance or should I say I retired. Which one best fits this situation. Ok. Retired. I said it. I am retired. I have no excuse now. No soul sucking child protection job to rob me of all my creativity and time. Lots of endless open hours are now available to me. So I must get on with it.

This last week has been one of the more creative. The answer was simple. Put your puppet theatre on rollers and with this new freedom I can move it out of the way, making room for me and some creative juices. It is freeing.

So now that I can move it around and get it out of my way these are a few of the things that I have been working on. There is the Everyman’s horse, now a black stallion. He will be introduced in the desert campfire scene along with Everyman. Just have to finish is mane and hot glue on some eyes. And let us now forget the tail.

Trusty Horse

Also been working on some lighting effects for the same scene. I wanted to have a starry sky so I built a flat with Xmas lights that I could attach to the back of the desert flat. Here is the process...

First...take some Xmas lights and hot glue them to the back of this old piece of flat. Make sure that you have hot glued them to the holes in this flat.

Lights being attached to flat


Then, we take this flat and attach it to the flat for this scene...where Everyman and Death will meet. It is meant to be a desert dusk scene with Everyman sitting by his camp fire, starry night, bed roll underneath him and his trusty horse sitting close by. 



Starry Night Flat Attached

Then we had to see how it worked with the front of the flat..

The Starry Night Flat

This was followed the final product!