Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Where Does Inspiration Come From?

What is inspiration and where does it come from. Well here are a few of mine. First there are are the famous Bill Baird shows that appeared on the TV in the 1960's. They included:

Strange Case of Cosmic Rays...actually written by Billy Wilder and performed with some marionettes by Baird.

Then there was Davy Jones Locker.

Followed by Adventures in Telezonia:


These were the true beginnings of my desire to do puppetry. Unfortunately I saw them on television so I developed a chronically short attention span as well, which is the cause of so many unfinished puppetry projects.

Next I would have to say that Diver Dan provided further inspiration. A classic!


Then in adulthood there was Mr. Dwiggins. He provided great inspiration with his marionettes. These are the works that my own are crafted after. Love the hair. That is my look in old age.


An example of one of his works at the Boston Public Library Collection taken from a wonder book I have on his work: